Awesome GadgetsNZ understands that sometimes you may need to return something you have purchased from us (either in-store or online). To help with this, we have set out below the Awesome GadgetsNZ Returns Policy which explains key points that you should be aware of.
Our Returns Policy includes the rights you have under the New Zealand Consumer Law (if you are a consumer), and does not seek to exclude or limit these. If you are a consumer under the New Zealand Consumer Law:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the New Zealand Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the New Zealand Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Awesome Gadgets adopts the same approach. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
- Consumer Guarantees have no set time limit but generally last for an amount of time that is reasonable to expect given factors including the cost and quality of the product or any representations made.
We kindly ask to return the order in its original packaging (including all accessories) and in a sturdy box for shipping purposes. Failure to which a restocking fee maybe applied.
We do not offer returns/refunds for the following:
- Change of mind. ie Product does not look the way you have imagined, You no longer need the product once received. etc Please do your research and ask as many questions as you can.
- Perceived quality of product, fit for purpose, or any other reasons not based on fact but perceptions when you receive the product. Our products are priced according to their quality, functions, and durability and recommended retail prices for similar products.
- Not able to setup the product in accordance to the instructions given in the provided manual, and our assistance if requested or offered.
- Not able to consider the limitations associated with the operational aspects of the product. For example some of our gadgets are rated IP67 waterproof/resistant. It is important to understand the rating was done under controlled environment, hence due care and common sense is advised to be followed when using these gadgets. No warranty is provided for using these gadget beyond its capability.
If you return your item and no user damage was found, we will inspect the item and inform the customer of further process.
If an error was made by us we will cover the return shipping costs. In all other cases these costs will be for you.
All refunds are done for the full purchase amount (excluding shipment costs). If a damaged product is returned to us, we can charge you for those damages.
If you suspect your item is faulty or not working properly, please send query through our online platform so that we can offer troubleshooting advise. For a lot of products, we can resolve issues by offering remote support, or assisting with firmware updates. . Alternatively, you can post your product back to us for assessment. If a fault is found, you are welcome to ask us (Awesome Gadgets) to handle the warranty process for you, or to deal directly with the manufacturer which can be quicker in some situations. In order to obtain any remedy from us, you must provide us with proof of purchase. This may either be a receipt we issued, or bank statement/credit card statement clearly showing the amount which corresponds to the purchase price, and that shows Awesome GadgetsNZ was the merchant.
WHO PAYS FOR FREIGHT?
Any expenses relating to returning your product to us will normally have to be paid by you. We will pay the return costs to send the repaired/new item back to you, but reserve the right to charge for return freight if you send a non-faulty item back to us.
CAN I RETURN AN ITEM IF IT IS NOT FAULTY?
As a retailer we are not obliged to accept return of goods purchased from us unless required under New Zealand Consumer Law. We do not have to accept returns if you changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase, or had no use for it. Please make your choice with this in mind.
If we have accepted the return of the product you have purchased from us for refund or return consideration, it will be checked for any signs of user damage. If any user damage is found it will not be covered under our warranty and will be returned to you at your own cost.
If you wish to request your non-faulty product outside of the above conditions, our Store Manager may consider your request, and determine a re-stocking fee based on the conditions of the goods, and date of purchase. At our prerogative, any refund agreed upon, may be in a form other than cash or credit/debit card reversal, for example cheque or bank transfer.
Any product returned without acceptances from us will not be refunded.
To make sure your return shipment goes as smoothly as possible, please follow these steps:
- Let us know via contact us that you wish to return an item with a valid reason.
- Our customer service will give you instructions about how to send the item back to us.
- After your return shipment is well received, you will get a confirmation of receipt.
For more information on your consumer rights, please visit www.consumerlaw.gov.nz