Tracking devices for people using GPS (global positioning system) are assistive technologies that can help to promote safe walking by alerting caregivers when a person with dementia,autism or early stage dementia wanders outside of a defined area. The Autism Dementia GPS watch provides the geographic coordinates of that person so they can be found more easily and quickly through viewing on a map using se tracker app. Mobility and the freedom to walk outdoors are important for maintaining quality of life for the people living with autism and dementia. Wandering can provide beneficial physical exercise, a sense of personal autonomy, and social contact.The involvement of people with dementia in activities outside of the home can also relieve some of the stress of their caregivers.
Our Autism Demsntia Alzheimer GPS Watch from Awesome GadgetsNZ
- May help reduce the time required to find missing individuals with dementia and the costs associated with search and rescue operations.
- May help increase the independence, autonomy, and freedom of some people with early- to moderate-stage dementia, and reduce caregiver anxiety and stress.
- May help caregivers and emergency responders to quickly locate and ensure the safety of people who wander.
- May make people with dementia, ADHD feel more secure and allow them to be more independent.
- May provide reassurance and relieve caregiver anxiety. Wandering adds more confusion to the lives of those already dealing with a disorienting disease, and leads many people with Alzheimer’s or dementia into unsafe situations.